Backflow Testing Near Me in Squamish
Are all plumbers Certified Backflow Assembly Testers?
Many plumbers have at one time had training in Backflow Assembly Testing, as it is included in 3rd year plumbing education. However, since most provinces in Canada require that certified backflow testers must renew their certification each year, many plumbers let their certification lapse and are thus not qualified to submit tests to the municipal water authorities and purveyors that require backflow assembly testing.
In the Squamish Lower Mainland (Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Hope, Mission, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Richmond, Vancouver, Whistler) and throughout BC a “certified backflow assembly tester” is a person who has been certified by the BC Water and Waste Association (BCWWA) as a Certified Backflow Assembly Tester; has received formal training in backflow testing; and has renewed their BCWWA certification each year.
Want to Schedule A Backflow Test?
Step 1: Get Your Price – Click the button below and use our Price Calculator
Step 2: Book in a Minute – When you’re happy with the price you see, book your test! We respond quickly to confirm and schedule your testing.
What is backflow and Why do I need a Backflow Test?
Backflow has the potential to contaminate the public drinking supply. Backflow preventers need to be tested annually because municipal water providers require them in order to protect the safety of the water supply to your home or business.
How much does Backflow Testing Cost?
When we called big plumbing contractors they were organized and had receptionists, but didn’t have good resource management. They continually had to get back to me in order to find out more information from different parties.
When I called independent contractors, many were driving (unsafe?) working (Quality of work?) or simply didn’t answer the phone so we had to play phone tag.
Getting a quote for Backflow Testing in Squamish was complicated, frustrating and exhausting!
Do you need a plumber for backflow prevention testing?
In British Columbia, Certified Backflow Assembly testers are certified by the BC Water and Waste Association (BCWWA). They do not need to be a plumber to take this certification testing.
Which Backflow companies have affordable backflow testing?
If you want to get your backflow testing done at the best price, find out your price now in the next 30 seconds!
When you work with a Backflow.Club certified backflow assembly tester you will get professional customer service, management and quality backflow testing services at that the best possible price.
Backflow.Club Squamish backflow testers can offer the most affordable testing services in the lower mainland because we optimize every part of your of our operation so you benefit. By booking online or through our customer service team, we can assure you that your test will be done on time and submitted to the City of Squamish via the BSI Portal.
Who needs to have a Backflow Test?
In Squamish, BC the following types of businesses and properties are required to install and use backflow prevention devices:
- Properties with in-ground irrigation sprinklers
- Properties with swimming pools
- Premises with multiple water service lines
- Metal plating, cleaning, processing or fabricating facilities
- Photo-processing facilities
- Laundries and dry cleaners
- Commercial car washes
- Hospitals, Clinics and Laboratories (including veterinary hospitals)
- Medical and Dental Offices
- Funeral Parlors
- Food processing plants and meat/fish packers
- Dye Plants
- Paper processors
- Auto Repair Shops
- Large residential dwellings with water boilers that use rust-inhibitors or other water treatment chemicals, (“treated water boilers”)
- Sewage treatment plants or handling facilities
- Premises with roof tanks and elevated storage lines
- Slaughterhouse/Live Poultry Processing Facilities
- Ice Manufacturing Facilities
- Printing Facilities
- Premises with large boilers or chemically treated boilers
- Warehouses (with toxic chemical storage)
- Premises with Commercial or Public Kitchens
- Premises with water cooled equipment or chillers
- Premises with Groundwater Wells
- Premises that Reuse or Recycle Water
- Shipyards and Marinas
- Schools and Colleges
- Food Preparation Facilities (Restaurants)
- Nursing Homes
- Barber Shops and Beauty Salons